Spring Owner Loan Campaign Launches!
Hello Co-op Ownersemail@example.com today!Today we launch the Spring Owner Loan Campaign, an opportunity for all owners to make interest-paying loans to open our doors and support all our shared values around local farms and healthy food access. And passionate owners like you have already pledged more than $100,000 toward our $400,000 spring goal!!! As most folks know, cost increases created by the pandemic left us with a significant funding gap.While we continue to pursue other funding, we must meet our $400,000 spring goal before we open in a few months. Together, we can do this. To request your prospectus with details about making an interest-paying owner loan, email
Here are some frequently asked questions …
- Are these donations? No, the Spring Capital Loan Campaign is an opportunity for member-owners to invest in the co-op with an interest-paying loan.
- Can non-member-owners invest? This is a private offering open only to member-owners of the Assabet Co-op Market who reside in Massachusetts.
- How much interest do the loans return? Interest rates range from 0-5%, depending on the length of the term.
- I made a loan during the last capital campaign. Can I invest again? Absolutely! Many owners who invested in our previous campaign have already expressed interest in making another loan.
- Will there be further opportunities to invest? Yes! But we must meet our spring goal before we open our doors in late spring/early summer, so your support now is deeply appreciated. If needed, a fall campaign will seek to raise an additional $600,000 in interest-paying loans.
- What is the minimum to invest? The minimum is $2,000, the average is $5,000. To meet our spring goal, we’ll need some folks who have the means to invest $10,000, $20,000, $30,000 and more to do so now. Not everyone is in a position to invest, and that’s ok. We’re a community, and we are in this together.
To request your prospectus today, email firstname.lastname@example.org. So many of our shared values are at stake – local farms, healthy food access for all, a real community gathering space where all are welcome. Together, we can make it happen. Let’s do this! Cooperatively & Gratefully, Your Assabet Co-op Market